CrossFit Workout Helen is a powerful full-body fitness routine that combines three exercises into one intense workout. It’s an ideal way to challenge your body and build strength, stamina, and flexibility in a relatively short amount of time. In this blog post, we’ll explore what CrossFit Workout Helen is, the three exercises included in the routine, how to start it safely and effectively, which supplements are helpful for doing it, alternative exercises for the routine, stretches you can use to accompany it, and more.
What Is CrossFit Workout Helen?
CrossFit Workout Helen is an advanced full-body exercise program designed by Greg Glassman, the founder of CrossFit. This high-intensity circuit involves three different exercises: running, kettlebell swings, and pull-ups. The workout begins with a 400m run followed by 21 kettlebell swings and 12 pull-ups. After completing the set sequence once, you’ll then do two more rounds with 15 swings and 9 pull-ups each time. Although CrossFit Workout Helen was originally designed as an individual workout, it can also be done in teams or small groups to make it even more challenging.
Why Should I Try CrossFit Workout Helen?
The beauty of CrossFit Workout Helen lies in its simplicity. With just three exercises combined into a single circuit, it’s easy to learn but still offers incredible results. Whether you’re looking to get fit, lose weight, or tone up, this routine can help you achieve all these goals while improving your overall fitness level. Additionally, CrossFit Workout Helen can easily be adapted for beginners or experts alike; simply adjust the number of repetitions and/or sets as needed.
The Three Exercises Included in the CrossFit Workout Helen
As mentioned above, CrossFit Workout Helen involves three different exercises: running, kettlebell swings, and pull-ups. Each of these movements works several muscle groups at once and helps improve both aerobic and anaerobic capacity. Here’s a brief description of each exercise:
- Running – Running strengthens your legs and core muscles while increasing cardiovascular endurance.
- Kettlebell Swings – A total body exercise that targets your arms, shoulders, back, hips, and glutes.
- Pull-Ups – An excellent upper body exercise that focuses on your lats, traps, and biceps.
Tips for Starting CrossFit Workout Helen
Before starting any new exercise program, it’s important to check with your doctor to ensure you don’t have any underlying health conditions that could be aggravated by intense physical activity. Once you get the okay from your physician, here are some tips to get started with CrossFit Workout Helen:
- Warm Up – Before beginning the workout itself, warm up with dynamic stretching such as leg swings and arm circles to increase blood flow and prepare your muscles for the upcoming effort.
- Form First – Focus on perfecting your form before trying to complete the entire circuit quickly. Not only will proper technique prevent injury, it will also maximize your results from the workout.
- Don’t Push Too Hard – Especially if you’re new to CrossFit workouts, it’s important not to push yourself too hard when first starting out. Start off slow and gradually work your way up to faster speeds as your fitness improves.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Doing CrossFit Workout Helen
When doing CrossFit Workout Helen (or any other type of exercise), there are certain mistakes you should try to avoid in order to get the most benefit from the routine. Some of these include:
- Poor Form – As previously mentioned, improper form can lead to injury and decreased effectiveness of the workout. Always focus on proper posture and technique when performing each exercise.
- Skipping Stretches – Be sure to stretch after each round of CrossFit Workout Helen in order to reduce soreness and maintain mobility.
- Overdoing It – You should always listen to your body and know when to take a break if you’re feeling overly fatigued or lightheaded. If you need a breather, take one!
Adapting CrossFit Workout Helen for Beginners or Experts Alike
Since CrossFit Workout Helen is composed of just three simple exercises, it’s incredibly versatile and can easily be modified for people of any fitness level. For example, if you’re a beginner, you might want to lower the number of reps per set or decrease the intensity of the run. On the flip side, if you’re an expert athlete looking for an extra challenge, consider adding additional sets or running longer distances between sets.
Which Supplements Are Helpful for Doing CrossFit Workout Helen?
In addition to getting plenty of rest and eating a healthy diet rich in protein and carbohydrates, taking certain supplements may help support your performance during CrossFit Workout Helen. These include pre-workout formulas containing caffeine or other stimulants to boost energy levels and BCAAs to enhance muscular recovery after tough workouts. Other beneficial supplements include fish oil capsules for joint health, multivitamins for immune system support, and electrolyte drinks to replace fluids lost through sweat.
Alternative Exercises for CrossFit Workout Helen
If you’re looking for ways to mix things up or simply don’t have access to equipment required for traditional CrossFit routines like Workout Helen, there are plenty of alternative exercises you can do instead. For instance, instead of kettlebell swings, you could substitute mountain climbers or jump squats; for pull-ups, switch them out for bent over rows or banded pull-downs; and for the running component, opt for burpees or skipping rope instead.
Stretches to Accompany CrossFit Workout Helen
It’s important to remember that stretching is just as important as the actual workout itself! At least 10 minutes before starting CrossFit Workout Helen, do some dynamic stretching like leg swings and arm circles to warm up your muscles properly and prepare them for the upcoming effort. Afterwards, do some static stretching such as hamstring stretches and chest openers to cool down your body and relieve tightness or discomfort caused by intense exercise.
CrossFit Workout Helen is a powerful full-body fitness routine combining three exercises into one intense circuit. Not only does it offer amazing results in terms of strength gains, weight loss, improved cardio health, and increased flexibility – but because it can easily be adapted for any fitness level, it’s suitable for everyone from beginners to advanced athletes alike. Plus with various supplemental products available on the market today specifically designed for CrossFitters like this routine suggests that no matter where you are in your journey – there’s something available out there to help enhance your performance and reach your goals faster than ever before!